This site seeks to provide ministry resources for fellow clergy and church leaders that are true to the scriptures, reformed and focused on the grace of God in Christ. The objectives are to provide:
• Concise pew-level expository sermons / Bible studies on the set readings of the Revised Common Lectionary;
• An exegetical commentary on the Greek New Testament which serves as the resource basis for the sermons / Bible studies;
• Biblically sound studies on doctrine, evangelism, apologetics, ethics... ;
• Studies on the ritual and order of the Anglican church from an Evangelical / Low Church perspective;
• Resources for the Revised Common Lectionary.
The full appropriation of God's promised blessings are ours by grace through faith in the faithfulness of Christ, apart from law-obedience.
Other than the PDF eBooks, the Greek texts require Bill Mounce's legacy font TekniaGreek available from his site. For Mac / PC, go to the Teknia Greek font download page. For a compressed zip file, Mac / PC, go to FontsForWeb.com. For iPhone, iPod, or iPad, the application AnyFont will load and enable a zip download of the TekniaGreek font. TekniaGreek cannot be displayed on android phones or tablets. Mac users note that Safari sometimes argues with legacy true-type fonts.
No copyright provisions cover the site. Where citing is thought necessary ref.: Findlayson lectionarystudies.com/........ For the date see html "SOURCE".
The sermons / Bible studies are available in a print-friendly format for publication to suit an A5 pew-sheet insertion. The text may be formatted and edited as required.
Findlayson, Bryan. Anglican Diocese of Sydney, Australia.
b 1942. MTC. ThL 1970, MC Dip (Hons) 1971; P 1972 by Abp Syd; C Narrabeen 1971; C Cronulla 1972-1975; C Engadine. 1975-1978; CIC Helensburgh 1978-89; Sabbatical 1989-1990; R Cronulla 1990-1999; Retired.
For my children: Marelle, Paul and Justyne.
The Parson's Nose. Personal reminiscences of life as an Anglican clergyman
Pumpkin Cottage Ministry Resources
Lectionary Bible Studies and Sermons